Click The Icons Below To Find Out More About...
Just a quick note - I'm very proud of my clocks, I love designing and making them and want my customers to feel equally proud of their purchase. It can be difficult to convey the quality of a product online, the feel of the wood, the sound of the ticking and so on. If you would like to see the clocks you are more than welcome to visit me at my home studio where I have several clocks on display. To arrange an appointment please contact me before visiting. Thanks Darren
The Concorde pendulum wall clock is a magnificent work of art that exudes the timeless elegance and sophistication of the supersonic jet it's named after.
Its sleek and aerodynamic design captures the essence of the iconic aircraft.
The clock is weight driven with time keeping regulated by a swinging pendulum as per traditional clocks first invented in the mid 1600’s.
It's not just the clock's visual beauty that sets it apart; the rhythmic tick-tock of the pendulum creates a hypnotic melody that seems to capture the very essence of time itself.
- Clock rear and front frames in the iconic Concorde profile
- Gear centre detail taken from Rolls Royce Olympus Engine fan inlet
- 95 walnut marquetry passenger windows (all individually inset into the fuselage)
- 10 walnut marquetry supersonic cockpit windows
- Concorde walnut marquetry details at 12, 3 and 9 with the tail fin at 6 O'clock
- Concorde walnut marquetry detail on pendulum bob
- Concorde walnut marquetry detail on oak clock hands plus a second hand
- Walnut marquetry engine exhausts
- Etched fuselage door details
Below is a short product video showing the clock slowly passing the time... Don't forget to like, share and subscribe to see more upcoming clock designs.
Clock Key Specifications
Also See Dimension Drawing
- Height - 1283mm
- Wing Span - 340mm
- Depth - 181mm
- Main Material Finish - Oak
- Gear Material Finish - Oak
- Marquetry Material - Black American Walnut
- Clock Bearings - High Quality Deep Groove Sealed Ball Bearings, Maintenance Free
- Shaft Material - Stainless Steel
- Weight Cord - Wear Resistant Kevlar
- Drive Power - Gravity Powered By a Weight (no batteries needed)
- Winding - Pull Cord Winding For Speed & Ease
- Run Time - 50 Hours
- Pendulum Period - 2 Seconds
- Escapement Design - Grahams Deadbeat (zero recoil)
Where Is Your Clock Going To Be Installed?
It's worth considering where your clock is going to be installed, please check my “Where To Install Your Clock” page for full details click here.
What Happens Once My Order is Placed?
All of my clocks are made to order. Once you place an order I will contact you regarding the estimated delivery. I aim to have your clock with you within 8 weeks of order but this can be longer or shorter depending on my current workload.
Other Important Information
Material Variations - Please note that the clock is made using real wood veneers, a naturally occurring material which will vary in tone and grain pattern from piece to piece, therefore, although the same species is used, your clock will not exactly match those displayed in the images and product videos. Its also worth mentioning that the type of lighting can change the tone of the material, some lighting will make the wood appear darker whilst warm lighting as used in the videos can give a considerably different feel.