Please note all clocks are made to order.
Click The Icons Below To Find Out More About...
Just a quick note - I'm very proud of my clocks, I love designing and making them and want my customers to feel equally proud of their purchase. It can be difficult to convey the quality of a product online, the feel of the wood, the sound of the ticking and so on. If you would like to see the clocks you are more than welcome to visit me at my home studio where I have several clocks on display. To arrange an appointment please contact me before visiting. Thanks Darren
Introducing my second clock in the "Just Nature" collection, The Sunflower, finished in oak and walnut. This clock uses the contrasting colours of the oak and walnut to represent the yellow petals and the dark centre of this beautiful flower. The petals have etched details to enhance that sunflower feel and give an extra sense of realism to the clock. The sunflower centres are represented by the dark walnut gears and have an incredibly detailed pattern to mimic that natural swirl at the centre of the sunflower. The hands of the clock are finished with oak and walnut bees with black acrylic wings to add that extra level of detail to the clock. Hours on the sunflower clock face are represented by small walnut marquetry dots around the edge of the petals. The clock uses real wood veneers to offer that feel and warmth that is only achievable with hand finished real wood and creates an eye catching piece of art that is both unique and fascinating to watch.
The clock is weight driven with time keeping regulated by a swinging pendulum as per traditional clocks first invented in the mid 1600’s.
Made using only the highest quality materials specially selected for their reliability and stability.
- Sunflower front and rear clock frames
- Detailed sunflower gear centres
- Oak and walnut finished minute, hour and second hands with bee details
- Sunflower etched detail on pendulum bob
Below is a short product video showing the clock slowly passing the time... Don't forget to like, share and subscribe to see more upcoming clock designs. Please note that the clock shown in the video is the Walnut with Oak detail version.
VIDEO COMING SOON...
Clock Key Specifications
Also See Dimension Drawing
- Height - 1112mm
- Width - 389mm
- Depth - 185mm
- Main Material Finish - Oak
- Gear Material Finish - Walnut
- Marquetry Material - Walnut
- Clock Bearings - High Quality Deep Groove Sealed Ball Bearings, Maintenance Free
- Shaft Material - Stainless Steel
- Weight Cord - Wear Resistant Kevlar
- Drive Power - Gravity Powered By a Weight (no batteries needed)
- Winding - Pull Cord Winding For Speed & Ease
- Run Time - 50 Hours
- Pendulum Period - 2 Seconds
- Escapement Design - Grahams Deadbeat (zero recoil)
Where Is Your Clock Going To Be Installed?
It's worth considering where your clock is going to be installed, below is a quick summary of the key considerations, please check my “Where To Install Your Clock” page for full details click here.
- Install on a smooth flat wall that is vertical (check with a spirit level).
- Consider avoiding busy areas where the clock could be easily knocked for example near a busy doorway.
- Consider pets and how they will react to the swinging pendulum.
- Do not install in direct sunlight.
- Do not install where there are large fluctuations in temperature and humidity for example a conservatory.
- Do not install above a heat source for example over a radiator.
- Do not install in the air flow of a fan or air conditioner unit.
- Consider the location of electrical switches, sockets and wall lights and the possibility of cables being buried in the wall.
What Happens Once My Order is Placed?
Order Confirmation - Once you place an order you will receive an automated order confirmation email, I will also send you another message regarding the free engraving, if you selected this option.
Building Your Clock - Your clock is made to order and requires around three weeks to cut, hand finish, assemble and thoroughly test.
Shipping - When testing begins I will contact you to arrange delivery at a convenient time.
Other Important Information
Material Variations - Please note that the clock is made using real wood veneers, a naturally occurring material which will vary in tone and grain pattern from piece to piece, therefore, although the same species is used, your clock will not exactly match those displayed in the images and product videos. Its also worth mentioning that the type of lighting can change the tone of the material, some lighting will make the wood appear darker whilst warm lighting as used in the videos can give a considerably different feel.
I hope you found this page interesting and informative, however if you have any questions or comments about the page or any aspect of the site or clocks, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks again Darren