Please note all clocks are hand crafted to order.
Click The Icons Below To Find Out More About...
Just a quick note - I'm very proud of my clocks, I love designing and making them and want my customers to feel equally proud of their purchase. It can be difficult to convey the quality of a product online, the feel of the wood, the sound of the ticking and so on. If you would like to see the clocks you are more than welcome to visit me at my home studio where I have several clocks on display. To arrange an appointment please contact me before visiting. Thanks Darren
Introducing my second clock in the "Inspired By Music" collection, which has been inspired by the Gibson 335 electric Guitar, finished in walnut. This particular clock is the first of my designs that incorporates the use of different materials to enhance the character of the clock and give that feel of a real guitar, features include the high gloss acrylic scratch plate, chrome finished pickups, bridge, control knobs and not to forget the real guitar strings. The clock uses real wood veneers to offer that feel and warmth that is only achievable with hand finished real wood. The oak marquetry frets and dots are set in along the fretboard again to give that real guitar feel. The guitar headstock again uses a combination of materials to create all the details that you would find in a real headstock. This Gibson 335 inspired clock creates an eye catching piece of art that is both unique and fascinating to watch.
The clock is weight driven with time keeping regulated by a swinging pendulum as per traditional clocks first invented in the mid 1600’s.
Made using only the highest quality materials specially selected for their reliability and stability.
- Walnut Gibson 335 inspired guitar body
- Walnut fretboard with oak marquetry frets and dots
- Real guitar strings for that authentic appearance
- Black high gloss acrylic scratch plate
- Guitar spokes on all gears
- Oak guitar seconds hand
- Plectrum tipped minute and hour hands finished in oak
- Black control knobs with chrome finished top
- Chrome finished pickups and bridge
- Guitar marquetry detail on pendulum bob
Below is a short product video showing the clock slowly passing the time... Don't forget to like, share and subscribe to see more upcoming clock designs. Please note that the clock shown in the video is the Walnut with Oak detail version.
VIDEO COMING SOON...
Clock Key Specifications
Also See Dimension Drawing
- Height - 1345mm
- Width - 340mm
- Depth - 185mm
- Main Material Finish - Walnut
- Gear Material Finish - Walnut
- Marquetry Material - Oak
- Chrome effect furniture
- Real electric guitar strings
- Clock Bearings - High Quality Deep Groove Sealed Ball Bearings, Maintenance Free
- Shaft Material - Stainless Steel
- Weight Cord - Wear Resistant Kevlar
- Drive Power - Gravity Powered By a Weight (no batteries needed)
- Winding - Pull Cord Winding For Speed & Ease
- Run Time - 50 Hours
- Pendulum Period - 2 Seconds
- Escapement Design - Grahams Deadbeat (zero recoil)
Where Is Your Clock Going To Be Installed?
It's worth considering where your clock is going to be installed, below is a quick summary of the key considerations, please check my “Where To Install Your Clock” page for full details click here.
- Install on a smooth flat wall that is vertical (check with a spirit level).
- Consider avoiding busy areas where the clock could be easily knocked for example near a busy doorway.
- Consider pets and how they will react to the swinging pendulum.
- Do not install in direct sunlight.
- Do not install where there are large fluctuations in temperature and humidity for example a conservatory.
- Do not install above a heat source for example over a radiator.
- Do not install in the air flow of a fan or air conditioner unit.
- Consider the location of electrical switches, sockets and wall lights and the possibility of cables being buried in the wall.
What Happens Once My Order is Placed?
Order Confirmation - Once you place an order you will receive an automated order confirmation email, I will also send you another message regarding the free engraving, if you selected this option.
Building Your Clock - Your clock is made to order and requires around three weeks to cut, hand finish, assemble and thoroughly test.
Shipping - When testing begins I will contact you to arrange delivery at a convenient time.
Other Important Information
Material Variations - Please note that the clock is made using real wood veneers, a naturally occurring material which will vary in tone and grain pattern from piece to piece, therefore, although the same species is used, your clock will not exactly match those displayed in the images and product videos. Its also worth mentioning that the type of lighting can change the tone of the material, some lighting will make the wood appear darker whilst warm lighting as used in the videos can give a considerably different feel.
I hope you found this page interesting and informative, however if you have any questions or comments about the page or any aspect of the site or clocks, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks again Darren