Click The Icons Below To Find Out More About...
Just a quick note - I'm very proud of my clocks, I love designing and making them and want my customers to feel equally proud of their purchase. It can be difficult to convey the quality of a product online, the feel of the wood, the sound of the ticking and so on. If you would like to see the clocks you are more than welcome to visit me at my home studio where I have several clocks on display. To arrange an appointment please contact me before visiting. Thanks Darren
Based on the Burrell Showmans Engine this clock was a must build for me as it represents where my clock obsession started.
The clock is weight driven with time keeping regulated by a swinging pendulum as per traditional clocks first invented in the mid 1600’s.
The pendulum, swaying with hypnotic grace, ticks away the moments, each swing a symphony of motion and balance.
- Showmans engine rear frame with canopy and chimney extension
- Walnut finish rear wheel clock face with oak roman numeral marquetry
- Walnut rear wheel spokes detailed with etched line work
- Walnut finished front wheel with spokes, detailed etched line work and finished with an oak hub
- Oak finished gears with spoke centre detail and etched line work
- Walnut finished flywheel with oak marquetry detail
- Dynamo with oak belt pulley
- Cab steering and brake hand wheel with throttle and driver seat
- Steering chain detail
- Oak star detail on walnut finished pendulum bob
- Etched rivet details and line work on boiler and fire box
Clock Key Specifications
Also See Dimension Drawing
- Height - 1158mm
- Width - 691mm
- Depth - 181mm
- Main Material Finish - Black American Walnut
- Gear Material Finish- Oak
- Marquetry Material - Oak
- Clock Bearings - High Quality Deep Groove Sealed Ball Bearings, Maintenance Free
- Shaft Material - Stainless Steel
- Weight Cord - Wear Resistant Kevlar
- Drive Power - Gravity Powered By a Weight (no batteries needed)
- Winding - Pull Cord Winding For Speed & Ease
- Run Time - 50 Hours
- Pendulum Period - 2 Seconds
- Escapement Design - Grahams Deadbeat (zero recoil)
Where Is Your Clock Going To Be Installed?
It's worth considering where your clock is going to be installed, please check my “Where To Install Your Clock” page for full details click here.
What Happens Once My Order is Placed?
All of my clocks are made to order. Once you place an order I will contact you regarding the estimated delivery. I aim to have your clock with you within 8 weeks of order but this can be longer or shorter depending on my current workload.
Other Important Information
Material Variations - Please note that the clock is made using real wood veneers, a naturally occurring material which will vary in tone and grain pattern from piece to piece, therefore, although the same species is used, your clock will not exactly match those displayed in the images and product videos. Its also worth mentioning that the type of lighting can change the tone of the material, some lighting will make the wood appear darker whilst warm lighting as used in the videos can give a considerably different feel.